When Athletes Speak, We React

Ads

Ads

Recent Posts

Like us

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Bruce Pearl, ManSpeak Quote of the Day

"I've made some serious mistakes, and for that I'm truly sorry.  I provided incorrect and misleading information to the NCAA. I've learned some invaluable lessons. After I provided the false and misleading information, subsequently I went back and corrected the record.


I learned that it's not OK to tell the truth most of the time, but you've got to tell the truth all of the time."
Bruce Pearl, head coach of the men's basketball team at the University of Tennessee, on his recent admittance of not telling the NCAA every thing during an investigation of his program and athletic program at Tennessee. 

Telling the truth certainly doesn't pay in dollars though, as Pearl's contract has been reduced by $1.5 per season over the next 4 years.  Well, at least he still has a job. 

I love Bruce.  I think he's a great coach and I think he really helps kids.  I also really like to watch they way his team plays.  I hope he figures it out down in Knoxville. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribers