When Athletes Speak, We React

Ads

Ads

Recent Posts

Like us

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Jerry Jones Apologizes to Dallas Cowboys Fans

Jerry Jones and Dallas Cowboy fans haven't had much to clap about
in 2010.
Another week, and another loss for the slumbering Dallas Cowboys.  This time, the 'Boys fell pray to the Jacksonville Jaguars at home 35-17, making the Cowboys win less in 4 tries in their own building.

While Jerry Jones still does not want to get rid of his head coach Wade Phillips, he does want to apologize to the fans of the organization he has helped build into an empire.

"I'm embarrassed. Of course I am," Jones said after the Cowboys' 35-17 loss to the Jaguars on Sunday afternoon. "And, to every fan, I should have and do take the ultimate, ultimate responsibility. I do. That's the way we're structured. That's the way I run it. There's no question that I have the plan and executing it to have the best players and the best coaching that we can have. I'm dumbfounded that we are 1-7." 

I guess Jerry is apologizing about next week ahead of time, because the Cowboys are only 1-6.  Nevertheless, Jerry is obviously very disappointed with his team.

"You couldn't get me to say it, but you know that I thought we had a team here that could be one of the top competitive teams in the NFL," Jones continued. "I'm very, very, very sorry to our fans. You should have better than this.  You can tell by the way some of the things that we've done to certainly make the Cowboys everything you want them to be, you should be able to tell that I won't rest until we've figured some things out to get us in a different spot. ... What it is, I don't have that."

Jones should apologize for the Cowboys feeble performance this season.  America's team looks like the American economy, undisciplined, unmotivated, and stuck. 

While we could blame the coach or Jones himself for putting together this group of overpaid, selfish, me-first attitude players, its the play on the field that is just horrific.  Its on both sides of the ball as well.  A defense that does not pursue the ball and an offense that doesn't understand that running the football is a recipe for success. 

Changes need to be made in Dallas today.  Get rid of some of these players now that won't be around next year anyway.  Replace them with youth and hope a fire can be struck somewhere.  And Jerry, swallow some pride and clear out the coaching staff.  These guys couldn't discipline 12 year olds. 

And Jerry, if this continues past this season, you won't have anybody to apologize too but yourself. 




Related articles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribers