When Athletes Speak, We React

Ads

Ads

Recent Posts

Like us

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Monday, November 1, 2010

Texas Rangers CEO Bashes New York Yankees Fans

New York Yankees fans let opponents have it at Yankee Stadium
Texas Rangers CEO, looking for something positive to say about his Texas Rangers during the World Series, may have hit the nerve of New York Yankee fans nation-wide.

"I think our fans have been great," Greenberg said on The Ben and Skin Show on 103.3 KESN. "I think particularly in Game 3 of the World Series they just blew away anything I've seen in any venue during the postseason. I thought Yankee fans, frankly, were awful. They were either violent or apathetic, neither of which is good. So I thought Yankee fans were by far the worst of any I've seen in the postseason. I thought they were an embarrassment."

Whoa Cowboy!  Slow down.  You have to be careful with those words.  Texas may be big, but Yankee Nation spans the entire globe. 

Looking from afar though, I can't say if I know if the Yankees fans were violent or apathetic, but when I watched the games played at Yankee Stadium during the MLB American League Championship Series, the stadium didn't look full. 

Yes, the Yankees were getting waxed by the Rangers throughout the series and evidently Cliff Lee's wife got some sort of threats, but the pictures on the TV throughout each of the ALCS games made the stadium seem empty and dull.

So, maybe Chuck Green just made a mistake.  Maybe he is just glad his Rangers fans are standing up and making some noise, even though his team is getting their brains bashed in. 

Either way, as the CEO of the Rangers, bashing Yankees fans is a huge mistake Chuck and it won't be forgotten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribers