When Athletes Speak, We React

Ads

Ads

Recent Posts

Like us

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Healthy Phil Mickelson Ready For Shot at Number One

Phil Mickelson has struggled throughout most of 2010.
Since his win at the 2010 Master's earlier this year, Phil Mickelson has been a sub-par golfer since, missing a chance to become the number one ranked golfer in the world throughout the 2010 season.

"I haven't played well since the Masters -- or as well as I expected -- maybe since the U.S. Open," he said. "So I don't feel like I've earned it. I've got to play well and win more tournaments, and then I feel like those results will take care of itself."

Without a single win since and his best finish being 8th place, Mickelson admits that he has had his health troubles, suffering from psoriatic arthritis. 

With some time off and the right prescription from his doctor, Mickelson is ready for a shot at capturing the number one ranking in the world.

"The U.S. Open, I might have been affected. But I've had good time off. I'm on a good medicine. Things feel pretty good. I'm excited where I'm at, excited I can work out the same and get back into the gym, and get back to work again."

Its always something with Mickelson, who has been an enigma among golf fans for years.

At times, "Lefty" looks head and shoulders above the field, even above Tiger Woods.  But in too many cases Phil goes into funks like the one this summer, one that cost him a chance to claim the number on ranking already. 

Maybe the new medicine will help Phil as he tries to chase down Lee Westwood this week in China. 

Current World Golf Rankings

1. Lee Westwood
2. Tiger Woods
3. Martin Kaymer
4. Phil Mickelson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribers